It looks like the last time I updated this sucker was in April last year . . . right after I moved into my current domicile. Time flies when you’re having fun, right? Is anybody having any fun lately?
So, what’s going on in my life right now? What’s happened in the last year?
– JULY/AUGUST 2009 – mission trip to Indonesia
– AUGUST 2009 – third daughter Anna
– AUGUST 2009 – laid-off from M Advisory Group after ten months
– SEPTEMBER 2009 – Ella enters second grade, Emma enters pre-K
– OCTOBER 2009 – hired as a contingent employee at Kia Motors America after two months of unemployment
– NOVEMBER 2009 – grandmother’s Buddhist funeral in Korea
– FALL 2009 – first semester took four classes: Beginning Greek I, Introduction to Spiritual Theology & Formation, Theology I: Revelation and Nature of God, and Urban Mission and Ministry
– JANUARY 2010 – first inter-term course: Church and Society
– FEBRUARY 2010 – entered fifth semester at Talbot
So I was having a conversation with one of my vice presidents earlier this week. She was having issues with her computer so I had been helping her out. [BTW, does anyone know why Outlook Calendars sometimes tell you that access to the resource is denied and that you must sign out of your Windows Live ID or whatever. Can’t seem to fix the problem.] One of the things that I wanted to do was delete her cookies, so before I did so, I asked her if she saves any passwords on any websites she visits. She answered in the negatory. We got into this conversation about how it’s stupid to save your password. She was saying how for all of their technical savviness, young people are getting lazy . . . and dumb. Of course, I am paraphrasing. She said it nicer. Continue reading “Don’t Be Dumb”
Umm . . . I’m speechless. I have not been impacted by the death of a celebrity like this in a very long time. Maybe the last time was when Biggie died. The photo here is of . . . I guess . . . her swan song appearance. She was making a comeback after years of obscurity. She was THE actress of the 80s and 90s in Korea. She was often referred to as the Meg Ryan of Korea. I think the impact would be totally the same if you had heard that Meg Ryan had committed suicide. Continue reading “Jin Shil Choi”